Graduate Transport Planner
Oxfordshire Office (Didcot)
Oxfordshire Office (Didcot)
This is a permanent position within our Transport and Highways team.
Our team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has led to an expanding workload and the requirement for a Graduate Transport Planner who will enjoy the challenges provided by our diverse range of clients and projects.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for a Graduate Transport Planner seeking to develop their skills and attributes and work towards a professional qualification right at the heart of a growing, talented, friendly and collaborative team.
Key skills & experience
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate subject
- An ability to communicate effectively, writing clear and concise emails, letters and reports
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- An ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- An ability to professionally represent the company
This team undertakes the following tasks
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application planning advice
- Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans to accompany planning applications
- Traffic modelling and junction capacity assessments
- Highway design
- Road Safety and Non-Motorised User Audits
Remuneration and training
We offer a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and payment of professional membership fees. The company contributes to regular social events and encourages involvement with our nominated charities.
Glanville has a friendly and supportive working environment, including flexible working hours and working arrangements. We have a strong commitment to training ranging from ‘on the job training’ in new software and design techniques, to training programs for Chartered status and external short courses.
Glanville’s breadth of skills and experienced staff and long-standing client relationships create an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and to expand their knowledge and skills while working alongside friendly and motivated colleagues.
Glanville offer a market leading re-numeration and benefits package, sample below.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private health care
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Initial 25 days holiday (3 held for the Christmas period)
- Additional holiday can be accrued in accordance with the number of years services, up to a total of 28 days
- The option to bank, buy or sell holiday each year after one years’ service
- Long service awards including additional days off and £500 cash award
- Flexible working
- Paid professional membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Interest free loan for annual travel season ticket
- Yearly flu vaccine
- Eye tests paid and contribution towards glasses, if required solely for VDU work
- Regular CPD seminars held in house (with lunch provided)
- Regular social events organised and funded by the company throughout the year
- Free refreshments, including tea, coffee, juice and fresh fruit
- Free on-site parking
Glanville has a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. Come and meet us.
Glanville is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com