This is a permanent position within our Building Surveying team.
The Building Surveying department within Glanville Consultants was established in 1997 and over the last 25 years has been responsible for the design and management of a wide range of construction projects for a number of large commercial clients. We are a busy and expanding department who are looking to add to the team.
This is a permanent position within our Building Surveying team and offers an excellent opportunity for a Senior CAD Technician seeking to develop their career and business acumen while taking on new challenges. This role will comprise using Autodesk Software to create technical drawings for planning, tendering and construction, including architectural and civil detailing. Candidates should be AutoCAD proficient with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Produce quality drawings for construction, architectural and civil works
- Ensure all work undertaken is produced accurately to standards in a timely manner
- Produce existing plans, sections and details using surveyors notes and measurements
- Use and follow specifications and procedures
- Be able to complete full drawing packages for planning, tendering and construction (STAGES 1-4) from site survey information and mark up through to a fully detailed construction package
- Work in quality control standards for drawing procedure
Key skills & experience
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and drafting skills
- Working knowledge and experience of construction technology
- Technical design experience for detailing
- Understanding of current regulations within the construction industry
- A relevant technical construction qualification is desirable
Remuneration and training
We offer a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and payment of professional membership fees. The company contributes to regular social events and encourages involvement with our nominated charities.
Glanville has a friendly and supportive working environment, including flexible working hours and working arrangements. We have a strong commitment to training ranging from ‘on the job training’ in new software and design techniques to training programs for Chartered status and external short courses.
Glanville’s breadth of skills and experienced staff and long-standing client relationships create an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and to expand their knowledge and skills while working alongside friendly and motivated colleagues.
Glanville offers a market-leading remuneration and benefits package, a sample below.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Initial 25 days holiday (3 held for the Christmas period)
- Additional holiday can be accrued in accordance with the number of years of service, up to a total of 28 days
- The option to bank, buy or sell holiday each year after one year’s service
- Long service awards including additional days off and cash awards
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexi-time working
- Paid professional membership
- Study leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Cinema Voucher Scheme
- Interest-free loan for annual travel season ticket
- Yearly flu vaccine
- Eye tests paid and contribution towards glasses, if required solely for VDU work
- Regular CPD seminars held in-house (with lunch provided)
- Regular social events organised and funded by the company throughout the year
- Free refreshments, including tea, coffee, juice and fresh fruit
- Free on-site parking
Glanville is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If you would like to apply for this position or have any questions in regard to the vacancy, please contact Sandie Reid HR Manager via SReid@glanvillegroup.com